Charles A. Mayr
Charles Mayr is an associate attorney in the Claremont office of Shernoff Bidart Echeverria LLP. He joined the firm in 2018 with prior experience in public entity and personal injury law.
Prior to joining SBE, Mr. Mayr was as a Deputy City Attorney for the City of Riverside where he served as trial counsel for complex litigation including serious and catastrophic injury, wrongful death, civil rights, employee discipline, inverse condemnation, and real estate disputes. He also previously worked as trial counsel for State Farm, where he defended insurance policyholders in auto and homeowner liability cases.
Mr. Mayr is a passionate litigator and trial advocate dedicated to getting the best result for his clients. He has obtained many favorable verdicts and settlements for his clients a wide array of cases, and in 2018 was inducted as a member of the San Bernardino/Riverside Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA). Mr. Mayr is also experienced in federal and appellate practice, lectures on trial and litigation strategy at continuing education sessions, and in his spare time volunteers as a mediator.
- University of La Verne, College of Law, Ontario, CA, 2009, J.D.
- Honors: Valedictorian, Summa Cum Laude
- Law Review: Senior Notes and Comments Editor, University of La Verne Law Review
- University of California, Riverside Riverside, CA, 2004, B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Riverside County Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- American Association for Justice
Speaking Engagements/ MCLE Presentations
- Public Entity Claim Presentation Requirements (2017)
- Cross Examination of Opposing Experts (2015)
- Trial Pointers for Soft Tissue Injury Cases (2014)
- Handling the Defense of a Deceased Client (2013)
- Recoverable Costs and Statutory Offers (2012)
- State Bar of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
Contact Charles A. Mayr at firstname.lastname@example.org