May 24, 2018
Share This Post
Representative Jury Verdicts for William M. Shernoff
William Shernoff has been leading the fight against insurance companies on behalf of consumers for over 40 years. Below is a brief list of his representative verdicts:
- Mr. Shernoff successfully obtained a $3.7 million arbitration award for a Kosher food distributor over claims the insurance company illegally refused to pay for damages caused by a fire.
- He won a $19 million verdict for a paraplegic Marine whose insurance company overruled his treating doctor on the medical necessity of his 109-day hospital stay.
- He won a $9 million punitive award for a hairdresser who had a health policy rescinded.
- He obtained an $86.7 million insurance bad faith verdict (including $57 Million for punitive damages) on behalf of the American-Samoan government against Affiliated FM Insurance Co. involving hurricane damage.
- He won a $1.5 million bad faith verdict for a federal judge over fire loss in his home.
- Mr. Shernoff was successful in winning a $25 million punitive damages award in an insurance fraud case against a carrier that allegedly misrepresented the scope of a health insurance policy and denied benefits to a cancer victim.
- He won a $23 million insurance bad faith verdict (including $13 million punitive damages) for the owners of a hotel over the failure of its insurer to settle a personal injury case.
- He obtained an $8 million verdict in a double-indemnity insurance bad faith case involving a disputed life insurance policy provision.
- Mr. Shernoff won a $1 million verdict in punitive damages in an insurance bad faith case involving the disability claims of a truck driver who was denied coverage after being injured when his truck jackknifed.
- He successfully won a $4.5 million punitive damages verdict against an insurer who refused to pay a $48 claim for medicine and a hearing test.
- In the first bad faith case, he won a $5 million punitive damages verdict for a roofer whose disability payments had been cut off.