Kristin E. Hobbs
Kristin Hobbs is a partner in the Claremont office of Shernoff Bidart Echeverria LLP. Ms. Hobbs’ practice is in the area of insurance bad faith, personal injury and class action lawsuits. Prior to joining the firm, she successfully ran her own law firm focusing on insurance bad faith, personal injury, employment class actions, and insurance class actions. During that time, Ms. Hobbs successfully certified a class of over 14,000 employees of Ulta Cosmetics & Fragrance for their practice of forcing workers to undergo uncompensated bag checks before leaving the premises. At her firm, Ms. Hobbs recovered millions for her clients in settlements and verdicts in federal and state court.
Since joining Shernoff Bidart Echeverria LLP, Ms. Hobbs has worked on several high-profile cases, including:
- A $17 million jury verdict in a catastrophic personal injury case where a security guard had his leg amputated in a forklift accident (Meier v. Pennysaver USA)
- A $13.2 million jury verdict in an auto v. bicycle hit-and-run accident (Wood v Venegas)
- Obtaining a $7.45 million settlement on behalf of a construction worker who was severely injured when equipment malfunctioned at a construction site crushing the man’s head and fracturing his skull in several places. (Chelbab v. Paramount Metal & Supply, Inc.)
- Verdict of $2.3 million for a California-based construction company against its insurance agent for failing to secure the proper coverage. (Fulton Santa Rosa v. Sullivan Curtis Monroe)
- Obtaining a confidential seven-figure settlement on behalf of dozens of homeowners against a property management company for failing to properly maintain a flood channel, causing two devastating floods to the community.
- Obtaining a confidential high six-figure settlement against an insurance company for its wrongful denial of coverage to two former director of a large company who were involved in a lawsuit.
- A confidential eight-figure settlement with an insurance company after they failed to accept a $15,000 policy limit demand on behalf of their insured.
Ms. Hobbs is currently prosecuting class actions against a title insurance company and a pension fund, in addition to handling various catastrophic personal injury and insurance bad faith cases.
- Board Member for Consumer Attorneys of Inland Empire
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Western San Bernardino County Bar Association
- Orange County Trial Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- The duty to settle is under attack, FORUM, November/December 2020
- “California is on the Winning Side of the Ultimate Fighting Battle,” Los Angeles Daily Journal, December 2008
- Opening up a Policy, CAALA Vegas Insurance Law Panelist (August 30, 2019)
- Jury Trials in the COVID Era: Tips & Lessons Learned (Panelist), Riverside County Bar Association (December 15, 2020)
- CAALA Rising Star Nominee – 2018
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – 2017-2020
- Top 40 under 40, National Trial Lawyers Association – 2015, 2017, 2018
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United State District Court, Northern District of California
Contact Kristin E. Hobbs at firstname.lastname@example.org