Samuel Bruchey is a trial lawyer in Shernoff Bidart Echeverria LLP’s Beverly Hills office. His practice focuses on insurance bad faith, personal injury, catastrophic injury and wrongful death. He joined the firm in 2007.
Mr. Bruchey has served as lead trial counsel in a variety of cases. His most recent successes include a $2.5 million unanimous jury verdict in an insurance bad faith matter earlier this year, and a successful bench trial in Riverside County Superior Court. Before that, he earned a $3.5 million victory at trial in downtown Los Angeles.
Mr. Bruchey litigates cases against a variety of insurance companies. He represents clients in matters involving property insurance, health insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, and long term disability, to name a few. Most recently, he has focused much of his efforts on helping companies recover business interruption losses resulting from the Coronavirus pandemic. He has earned millions of dollars for his clients and has a successful track record of holding insurance companies responsible for unreasonable denial of benefits and improper termination of coverage.
For the last two years, Mr. Bruchey has been honored as a Best Lawyer by Best Lawyers in America. Super Lawyers recognized Mr. Bruchey as a 2020 and 2021 Super Lawyer, as well as a Rising Star in 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019. The rating service has also named him an Up-and-Coming Top 100 Attorney. In 2020, he was awarded “Street Fighter of the Year” by the Consumer Attorneys of the Inland Empire (CAOIE) for his $2.537 million verdict on behalf of a Temecula couple who lost their home to foreclosure after their title insurance company denied their insurance claim.
Mr. Bruchey serves on the Board of Governors of the Beverly Hills Bar Association, and is a member of Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, the Consumer Attorneys of California, the Consumer Attorney Association of the Inland Empire, among other organizations.
Mr. Bruchey earned a Bachelor’s Degree from Stony Brook University, a Master’s Degree from the University of California, Berkeley, and a law degree from Loyola Law School. He is married and has three children.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Insurance Bad Faith
- Personal Injury
- Catastrophic Injury
- Wrongful Death
- California State Bar
- U.S. District Court, Central District
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District
- U.S. District Court, Northern District
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS:
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Consumer Attorneys of the Inland Empire
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Board of Governors
- Pasadena Bar Association
- 2012 Rutter Group Insurance Bad Faith Seminar, Los Angeles
- 2014 Rutter Group Insurance Bad Faith Seminar, Los Angeles
- 2016 Rutter Group Insurance Bad Faith Seminar, Los Angeles
- I have been wanting to share some good news with you all, and thank your team so very much on behalf of myself and my kids. You have lived up to your wonderful reputation and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for going to bat for us in this difficult case. (To read the full account, click here)
- I want to thank you for your competence and success in handling my case. But I also want to thank you for your kindness and graciousness throughout the process. Absent the precipitating events, it was an enjoyable experience.
Please take the time to embrace our gratitude for the work you’ve done. In business & in life, I do my best to surround myself around a quality team of advisors. And as a result of your faith in our story, we’ve been able to prevail & vindicate our family.
Continue to Persevere my friends. You’re a great team!
- Just want to thank you again for your superb support. I always knew you were excellent, but now that I have had the frustrating occasion of having to work with more lawyers, I appreciate your genuine scruples all the more.
MR. BRUCHEY IN THE NEWS:
- NBC LA Highlights $1.55 million verdict secured for Temecula Couple
- NBC News Highlights Lawsuit Involving SBE Client
- Samuel Bruchey Quoted by Inland Empire Media
- Riverside Press Enterprise features Samuel Bruchey client
- Samuel Bruchey client featured in LA Business Journal
- Samuel Bruchey and SBE client featured on NBC
- Samuel Bruchey Quoted in Desert Sun
Contact Samuel Bruchey at firstname.lastname@example.org